Friday 25 October 2013

CD Cover Draft: Roses


The idea for this album cover was to give it an indie/alternative vibe to represent the genre of music I was going for. I used dark colours and low key lighting to show the depth of the album and also used a double exposure technique to add in the element of nature. I left the background simple as to not distract from the main image and kept both the font and the album title simplistic to demonstrate the genre of the album. I added a grainy effect on top of the image just so it all blended in better together and looked more complex rather than a smooth finish to the photograph.






I used a darker picture for the background as a connotation of the peaceful yet chilling ambience of the music. I used the double exposure technique again to tie in with the original image on the front cover and bring the two images together. I included spaces in between each letter of the song titles to show that the album is about space, nature and time. This is also represented in the song titles themselves as they all interlink with the elements, darkness and ambience. I wanted to give the album a surreal yet euphoric vibe and wanted to portray that that's how the audience would feel listening to the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment