Friday 11 October 2013

CD Cover: Inspiration



This picture by Jon Deunas inspires me for my CD cover because I like the double exposure effect. I think it adds more depth to the picture and rather than just being one image, there's two so there's a sense of storytelling within it. With a double exposure photograph, I like how there's two lots of detail and there's more than just one thing that captures the audience's attention.
  I'd use this style and this effect for my album cover to create depth within it and allow the audience to be captured by it which would represent the music genre I was trying to portray.

One idea I have using the double exposure effect is of a girl in a pure white dress stood in the middle of a field with a forest behind her holding two lanterns with candles burning brightly in them. The double exposure would come afterwards where I'd take a picture of a forest and blend it over the top of the image of the girl and blur it slightly, adding a fog effect similar to the one on the photograph above.


This picture also gives me an idea of doing a close-up shot of the girl's (who is modelling for me) face, then a long shot with her holding the lanterns and so you can see her white dress portraying a sense of innocence, and then the forest and the trees in the background. The song names I decide to put on the album will relate to the nature of the photographs, purity and isolation.

No comments:

Post a Comment